Areas of Practice
David Paul was born and raised in Kamloops, British Columbia. He graduated from Kamloops Senior Secondary in 1980 and the University of Victoria Law School in 1986. Since then, he has been in private practice as a lawyer in Kamloops where he has dedicated his legal experience to representing individuals from all walks of life.
• Called to the British Columbia Bar in 1986
• Family Law Dispute Resolution Professional
• Family Law Arbitrator
• Parenting Coordinator
• Views of the Child
Awards and Recognitions
In December of 2003, David was appointed a Queen's Counsel.
Publications and Presentations
• David writes a bimonthly column for the Canadian lawyer magazine, David Paul’s Field Notes.
• David is also a guest blogger on the British Columbia Courthouse Libraries blog The Stream.
Professional Activities and Volunteer Work
David has been active as a leader in the legal profession at the local, provincial and national level. Some of his contributions include:
• President of the Kamloops Bar Association.
• Director and founding member of the Lawyers Business & Property Network.
• Past member of the British Columbia Arbitration and Mediation Institute.
• Member of the Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia.
• Member of the Supreme Court of British Columbia Mediation Rosters (family and civil).
• Past President of the Canadian Bar Association of British Columbia in 2002-2003.
• Chair of national conference of the Canadian Bar Association of the Legal Profession Assistance Conference (LPAC) between 2009 and 2011.
• Chair of the national conference of the General Practitioners Solo and Small Firm Conference (GPSSC) between 2009 and 2011.
• Board Member of the Pacific Technology Legal Conference of British Columbia.
• David is an instructor at Thompson Rivers University, where he teaches an introduction course on criminal justice.
• In 2010, David was appointed to the board of directors of the Thompson River University Foundation Board.
• In 2013, David Paul was appointed to the Board of Directors of the Lawyers Assistance Program of British Columbia.